How can I ever get past this?
For effective affair recovery, you are going to need your body and mind in the best shape possible. Affair recovery is taxing so good nutrition, exercise and as much sleep as possible is vital. Now is the time to treat your body and mind with the respect they deserve.
Sleep deprivation is one of the more common side effects of affair discovery. There are a variety of factors that can affect your sleeping patterns. Including:
- Adrenaline, brought on my the trauma is known to inhibit sleep
- Visions and nightmares
- Uncomfortable sleeping area e.g. car, couch or just being alone in bed
So how can you improve your chances of sleeping?
- Increase your exercise levels, when your body is tired your mind is more likely to follow. Avoid exercise later in the day as it may increase your alertness. Always check with your doctor if you are unsure of your ability to exercise
- Limit affair related questioning to at least 2 hours before bedtime. This ensures you can process the discussion before you try to sleep
- Manage your caffeine and alcohol intake, both can impact your ability to fall asleep or to stay asleep
- Maintain a healthy diet, good nutrition helps your body heal
Always remember that sleep is vital for clear thinking and effective decision making.
What else can I do?
It helps to prepare for recovery, so it’s important that you manage your own expectations. Brief moments of lucidity early in recovery may surprise you, be cautious when thinking this will pass in a few days or weeks. Affair healing is achievable and it need not take years but it is going to challenge you and you are going to need all your body and mind can offer.
The task may sound daunting and to some extent it is. But there are tangible benefits available during and after affair recovery. Your learning will help you approach situations differently and you will soon marvel at your new found strength of character. You will learn how to protect yourself and how to be the best you have ever been. Best of all these skills don’t cease to exist after affair recovery, these skills are for life and they will grow and mature, and will serve you well for the rest of your life.